Friday 11 July 2008

Reaching Out is Great

Reaching out, and getting in touch with people is very satisfying. It is one of the most rewarding experiences we humans enjoy. The idea of reaching out is very simple. Reach out, not for a reason, just talk, say "Hi", send a nice short message, just be there with people and for them. It does not have to be for a cause or for a benefit. It is a very inspiring exercise. Few days ago, I was on the Highway sitting next to my friend who was driving. We were passing a car and a little girl was sitting in her seat in the back looking around with an incredible smile. I smiled back at her. She waved to me. I waved back to her. She started to laugh. Her smile and her laugh were shining and made me smile and laugh. She is spontaneous and powerful, and it is very hard not to get attracted to her. This is reaching out. She is reaching out to everybody and she is also making a difference in the lives of the people around her. For the rest of the journey I kept doing the same as she did. People were smiling back, waving, and saying 'Hi'. It was a fantastic experience. I am so honored to have this beautiful, little girl as my coach in reaching out actively and not to be worried how I look. Ahmed Eldemellawy