Sunday 27 May 2007

I have just found it


I have just found what is being a father to me! ..... Responsible ... Yes, responsible. This is how I relate to my role as a father of my 6 kids and a father for young people all over the world. Such a self discovery explained to me my previous feelings, reactions, and positions in all sorts of situations where I could relate to people around me in a fatherly way. Such a feeling of responsibility was the driving force for my trip of self-development and self-education regarding handling myself and handling my feelings and the way I am around my kids and around young people. I enjoy listening to young people. I love my son Omar when he starts his favorite subject. Football, and for sure Real Madrid. It is fun to hear the latest news and the details of life of his favorite players. It is really an educational experience to listen to him. I got tempted a lot to direct him to give similar attention to his school. But I trust that he knows better what he needs now. I always explain to him the importance of knowledge and education for his self development and for his potential success in life. I also found out that all the knowledge he is gathering is a manifestation of his brilliance. He may not be asked in his school exams about the latest game for Real Madrid. But for sure he can write a lot about it, and I trust that he is very knowledgeable and expressive in this area. So, if Omar can be that good around football, that he can be equally good around any subject that he would like or give attention to. As a responsible listener to Omar, my 13 years old boy, I have learned a lot. I realized how smart he is. I found that education is about love and interest. So developing interest and love is crucial for education to happen. So I started to see my role as responsible listener to him is to provide him with the space of being great and the space of appreciation of what he likes and the space of admiration of his knowledge around his favorite subjects. My role as a responsible Example, is to communicate to him the beauty and fun of being who he would like to be. It is ME who is responsible around Omar and around my kids all over the world.

No comments: