Wednesday 9 May 2007

Omar and me

Omar is my 13 years old boy. I am in love with him. He is so smart and cute. I was away from him for about 25 months. I left Cairo in Feb 2005 and came back at Mar 2007. I was almost in daily contact with him and his three sisters who were living with him on their own. They had no father or mother at home. It was very difficult for all of us. I made a great effort to compensate for my absence and their mother absence by being online with them over Skype almost all the time. We were living together online. It was a funny experience but very tough one specially for the young 11 years old at the time Omar. I persuaded his sister Hala to help him in communicating with me over Skype. In a very short time he was very good in chatting and communicating with me online. He is the youngest among his older sisters. Aly and Sadime, my youngest kids from the second marriage were living with their mother at a different house. So, technically Omar was the youngest at home. In our chat, I was always busy with Laila, the oldest daughter, who was acting as their mother. I always has to remind myself to talk to him and sometimes Laila was hinting to me to ask about him and talk to him. I used to feel guilty for him. I am not living with him and it was very easy for me to forget to talk to him or to ask about what he is doing. He was very good. He used to attend all these conversations and when I ask about him, I found that he is there listening. He is a brilliant listener. I was almost always surprised when I took his opinion regarding the subjects I am discussing with his sisters, how sharp he is. Actually I developed trust in his views and feedbacks. Now I ask him a lot about his points of view in many issues that are not necessarily related to him. When I saw him at the airport, he was a tall and strong youngman. The moment is so intense and full of deep emotions and love. I see him as my friend. I enjoy spending time with him while he is playing FIFA. He is playing a lot and invites me to see how clever he is in scoring goals. I am so happy I am back, to spend time with him and be close to my great friend Omar.